IMPORTANT NOTE ON ESSENTIAL OIL QUALITY – HELICHRYSUM OIL
Lots of oils tha you can find at the drug store or over the internet is NOT EVEN CLOSE TO high quality, pure and organic. Because lack of industry standards and regulation on terms such as “natural” or “pure” or even “organic”.
That kind of essential oils without analysis, organic certificates etc. can even contain contaminants or adulterants ( in much more cases than you’d think).
To create 1 liter of helichrysum italicum essential oil, on average it takes 500 kg of plant tops. When taking into account the costs of helichrysum growing and distilling we come to very high production price calculations and despite the healing properties of helichrysum italicum this is another reason for high oil prices.
High producing price and high market price of helichrysum oil makes it attractive for counterfeiters and thats why there is lot of “fake oils” on market just what Robert Pappas, Ph.D. point in these article.
A good brand should follow these guidelines:
- Every seller must provide GC analyse and GUARANTEE for analysis value – most important is purity.
- Should provide Organic certificate ( reputable company ) It is important that plants are organic cultivated, eventually the oil will end in our body.
- Proper plant varieties ( Helichrysum family have 500 different species but only one is – italicum – species with true (immortelle – everlasting) varietal actions.
- Each plant grown indigenously for the healthiest plant.
- Grown without chemical pesticides, herbicides, etc ( seller should have certificate from reputable certification house ).
- Helichrysum should be harvested with precise timing for peak properties.
- Helichrysum oil should be Extracted with proper temp and pressure to preserve oil molecules – Art of Distillation – contemporary distillation equipment.