In 2018 we planted almonds on helichrysum farm. We thought it would be a good symbiosis between the two plant species.
As already known almonds are among the world’s most popular and healthy tree nuts.
Highly nutritious and rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins and
minerals, enzimes etc…
Almonds are the edible seeds of Prunus dulcis, more commonly called
the almond tree.
They are native to Mediterranean climate regions of the Middle East, but widely cultivated elsewhere with US as the world’s largest producer today.
The almonds you can buy in stores usually have the shell removed, revealing the edible nut inside. They are sold either raw or roasted.
They are also used to produce almond milk, oil, butter, flour or paste — also known as marzipan.
Impressive nutrient profile
A 28-gram ( 1-ounce ) serving of almonds contains:
- Fiber: 3.5 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Fat: 14 grams (9 of which are monounsaturated)
- Vitamin E: 37% of the RDI (Reference Daily Intake )
- Manganese: 32% of the RDI (Reference Daily Intake )
- Magnesium: 20% of the RDI (Reference Daily Intake )
- They also contain a decent amount of copper, vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and phosphorus.
From almonds among everything else we plan get top-quality organic oil
that is great as a carrier for essential oils, including helichrysum
italicum essential oil. Almonds are planted around the surrounding parts
of the farm as well as between individual parcels.
- Regulates Cholesterol. One of the most widely known benefits of almond oil is its ability to regulate cholesterol.
- Reduces Risk of Heart Disease.
- Protects Against Diabetes.
- Promotes Healthy Weight.
- Keeps Your Colon and Rectum Healthy.
- Treats Earaches.
- Great for Your Skin and Hair.